As a kid, we all loved fried chicken. It is quick and fuss-free to prepare and eat. As our taste buds mature, sometimes we seek a twist to the all-time fried chicken. This recipe takes the classic to another level, putting more flavor and texture to it while maintain its fuss-free appeal. Baking the chicken, instead of frying also makes a healthier dish.
Use chicken breast strips or cubes to create Garlic Chicken appetizers or use bigger fillets and use as a topping to pasta dishes. Chicken pieces can also be used and served as main entrée accompanied with white rice.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and deboned, sliced into approximately ½ to ¾ inch-fillets
- 1 whole garlic, peeled and finely grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300˚C
- In a frying pan over low heat, pour olive oil and add garlic. Sauté garlic quickly to release the flavors. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken breasts in garlic-olive oil mixture and coat with cheese-bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Bake in over for 30-35 minutes.
- To check for doneness, slice one fillet in the middle. Meat should be no longer pink and juices should run clear.