Flakier Crisco Pie Crust Recipe
Pies have never failed the impression in satisfying the cravings of everyone. In fact, varieties of flavor have been created to enhance the taste and make it a bit different from others. In some countries, you can have a taste of the coconut pie, blueberry pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, lemon pie, peach pie, and much more.
See full blog post here.
171 grams all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 stick of chilled all-vegetable shortening
1.5 fl oz to 3 fl oz of ice cold water
256 grams of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 stick or 150 grams of chilled all-vegetable shortening
60 ml to 130 ml of ice cold water
DEEP DISH DOUBLE CRUST
12 oz of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
1 stick or a cup of well-chilled all-vegetable shortening
90 to 150 ml of ice cold water
1. In a food processor, mix the flour and salt and process it. Using a fork or a blender, you can cut the shortening into flour mixture. Pour in enough amount of water and stir until the dough holds together.TIP:Squeeze marble-sized dough balls in your hand to test its moistness. If the dough firmly sticks together, do not add more water. If it doesn’t, stir in an additional tablespoonful of water until it becomes moist when you pressed it together.
2. For single pie crust, form the dough into a ball. You can also divide the dough into two for the double crust. Afterward, you can flatten it into a half inch thick round disk.TIP:Wrap the dough in a plastic wrapper so you can quickly run it. You also have to chill it for half an hour or up to 2 days.
3. Roll the moist and chilled dough into a circle from the center outward. The bottom crust should be 2 inches wider than the plate which is rolled over a lightly floured surface. For the double crust pie, you can roll a larger ball of dough. After rolling, you can transfer to a pie plate.
4. Cut the edges of the dough leaving ¾ inch overhand for single pie crust. Fold the edge under and crease it. Bake it following the specific baking directions.
5. Roll disk for the bottom crust of the double pie crust. Trim the edges of the dough just as even as with the side of a cake plate. Fill the pie crust according to the recipe directions and roll out remaining dough disk. Carefully transfer the dough onto the filled pie and cut the edges with ¾ inch overhanging edges. Fold the top edge under bottom crust and seal it as you press the edges.
You can either cut the slits in the top crust of prick it with a fork to let the steam out. Afterward, put it in the oven for baking.Pre-Baking Pie Crusts (Cream Pies):
6. Using a fork, gently prick the bottom and sides of the unbaked pie dough. Bake the pie crust at 425 degrees Fahrenheit temperature for 10 to 20 minutes. If the edges and bottom are already golden brown, that’s a ready to go.
Serving Size: 1 Pie
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 92Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
© Dani Conde